Re: Dependancies within multi-binary packages

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 12:32:53PM +1000, Nikolai Lusan wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 12:15 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > I strongly suspect that You're Stuffed.  For this sort of thing, I typically
> > just create my own packages with the same name and cross my fingers that
> > they don't get into the wild -- worst case, I make my packages depend on
> > some sort of local dummy package that shouldn't end up in the wider world,
> > to prevent major problems.
> looks like I remove the "${shlibs:Depends}" from the control file and
> put them in by hand, praying I don't leave something out. :)

Since all you'll be doing is putting in manually what shlibs:Depends would
have added, I don't think you're going to benefit much.  If you're thinking
of gutting the versions, please reconsider -- they're there for very good
reason (ensuring that you don't go linking against a library version that
might not have all the symbols you need), and it'll almost certainly break
something, at some time, and be a right pest to debug.

- Matt