Re: COPYING says GPL, but all headers say LGPL

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 06:13:44PM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> 	This makes me wonder about ppport.h in perl-XS packages; by default,
> the generated ppport.h comes with a note saying it's licensed under the same
> terms as perl itself.
>
> 	However, if you run "perl ppport.h --strip", all documentation *and*
> licensing information was removed. My feeling is that if the authors of
> Devel::PPPort allow the license to be removed (while still leaving other
> comments intact in the header file), that means that they really dont care
> how the released file is licensed.
They really should state that if it is their intention.  A lot of
those "builder" type programs do it, such as auto* bison and dh-make
(I changed it after someone pointed out the problem with not having
the specific exception).

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer