Re: RFS: gplanarity

Hi Alexander,

first, thanks very much for uploading.

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 03:24:11PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> * Franz Pletz <fpletz@franz-pletz.org> [060625 14:36]:
> > * Package name    : gplanarity
> >   Version         : 11496-1
>
> Damn, forgot one remark:
> You use the svn revision as version number.  I don't think it's a good
> idea to use it this way:
> - the user can't see, that it's "just" an svn-snapshot
> - if upstream does a real release, you would need to use an epoch

Well, upstream does in fact "really" release but uses the revision as
version number, so I thought I should stick with it. True, if there a
0.x or 1.x release an epoch has to be used but I think it's nevertheless
justified.

However, if it against some policy I don't know of, can and should we get
it out of NEW?

Cheers,
Franz

--
Franz Pletz                   \  Lots of the basis of the open source movement
www: http://franz-pletz.org/   \  come from procrastinating students.