Re: Somebody please put peless in a debian repository!

Le Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 10:20:34PM -0500, Paul Elliott a écrit :

> All the debian style files can be found at:
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/peless/ubuntu.510/

Dear Paul,

I had a quick look at your package. Here are some immediate comments:

- There are many template files from the debian dir which can be
  removed.

- Especially if you package for Ubuntu, please consider including a
  .desktop file (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/NoDesktopFile)

- You do not necessarly need to indicate the dependancies of the binary
  package by hand. Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends} will make
  it for you.

- Some of the build-dependancies are superfluous, as they depend on each
  others. Simplifying them will reduce the possibility of errors. For
  instance, on my system, I could not install libboost-filesystem1.33.0,
  as the version in my apt setup is libboost-filesystem1.33.1. However,
  libboost-filesystem-dev depends on libboost-filesystem1.33.1 anyway,
  and is listed in your build dependancies...

I think that your package must be bulletproof if you want it to be
sponsored by debian developpers (which I am not).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles