Re: optional building of a package

Le Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 05:23:37PM +1000, Matthew Palmer a écrit :
> > I am working on packaging probcons, which consists of two main programs
> > carrying the core functionalities, and a few other programs with
> > ambiguous names (convert, makegunplut, project) which will not be useful
> > to the vast majority of users. The upstream author advised me to drop
> > them from the package, which I will do.
>
> Of course, if upstream says "don't include them", they're obviously not
> particularly useful, in which case you probably don't need to put them in
> the package at all.

Dear all, dear Matthew,

Thank you for all your answers. I decided to bud off a probcons-extra
package, mostly because I wanted to learn how to make more than one
binary package frome one source package.

I uploaded the resulting package on mentors.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/probcons/

I have made /usr/share/doc/probcons-extra a symlink to
/usr/share/doc/probcons (probcons-extra depends on probcons). Is it OK
to do such things?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles