Re: RFS: thailatex (orphaned package for babel-based Thai latex support)

Dear Theppitak!

On Mit, 26 Apr 2006, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> > - You can remove postinst and postrm, the code in there is automatically
> >   generated by dh_installtex (update of the ls-r database, and calling
>
> Oh, yes, I didn't notice the package.post{inst,rm}.debhelper
> that are got generated. dh_installtex's manpage doesn't
> mention this additional handling.

>From the man page of dh_installtex:
---
       This program automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands
       needed to register the fonts with TeX.  See dh_installdeb(1) for an
       explanation of how this works.
---
Ok, this could be extended. I will do this.

> >   Furthermore, please consider adding an alternative dependency for
> >   texlive. I don't know exactely what you need from tetex-bin/base, but
> >   one option would be
> >         tetex-bin | texlive-base-bin, tetex-base | texlive-latex-base
> >   (no versions at all necessary as misc:depends brings tex-common)
>
> Can I blindly add the dependency? How compatible is it
> between tetex and texlive?

What do you need from tetex-bin and tetex-base? Only the latex/tex
binary? Are there any files needed?

> Hmm.. Maybe, getting texlive to try is a good idea.
> How can I get it? It's not in sid, right?

in experimental, and an upload to unstable is in process (well, as soon
as my mentor finishes it).

Best wishes

Norbert

BALLYCUMBER
One of the six half-read books lying somewhere in your bed.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff