Re: RFS: thailatex (orphaned package for babel-based Thai latex support)

On 4/26/06, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

> I, too, took a look (texlive maintainer):

Many thanks. Changes updated.

> - You can remove postinst and postrm, the code in there is automatically
>   generated by dh_installtex (update of the ls-r database, and calling
>   updmap). The only reason one would have to use the original code is
>   that it can be backported to woody (sarge already has tetex3).
>   So I recommend to let dh_installtex generate all the necessary code.
>   As there is no other code in postinst and postrm, you can actually
>   remove it from the debian directory. It will be created by debhelper
>   if necessary.

Oh, yes, I didn't notice the package.post{inst,rm}.debhelper
that are got generated. dh_installtex's manpage doesn't
mention this additional handling.

> - control:
>   you could depend on tetex >= 3 as the misc:Depends pulls in tex-common
>   via the dh_installtex, so this cannot work with tetex2.

I also failed to notice this. Thanks for pointing out.

>   Furthermore, please consider adding an alternative dependency for
>   texlive. I don't know exactely what you need from tetex-bin/base, but
>   one option would be
>         tetex-bin | texlive-base-bin, tetex-base | texlive-latex-base
>   (no versions at all necessary as misc:depends brings tex-common)

Can I blindly add the dependency? How compatible is it
between tetex and texlive?

Hmm.. Maybe, getting texlive to try is a good idea.
How can I get it? It's not in sid, right?

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/