Re: how to create a Release file

Pinning and other fanciness aside, I just use this quick and dirty
bit of script to build my in-place repositories for me:

   rm -f Contents.bz2 Contents.gz Packages.bz2 Packages.gz \
      Release Release.gpg Sources.bz2 Sources.gz
   apt-ftparchive contents . > Contents
   bzip2 -k Contents
   gzip -9 Contents
   apt-ftparchive packages . > Packages
   bzip2 -k Packages
   gzip -9c Packages > Packages.gz
   apt-ftparchive sources . > Sources
   bzip2 -k Sources
   gzip -9c Sources > Sources.gz
   apt-ftparchive release . > Release
   rm Packages Sources
   gpg --armor --default-key ="Jeremy Stanley <fungi@yuggoth.org>" \
      --detach-sign --output Release.gpg Release

This works to get signed releases in etch and later, and then users
of the repository can:

   finger fungi@yuggoth.org | sudo apt-key add -

...or:

   wget -O- \
   "http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x29ABF7441FB84657"; \
   | sudo apt-key add -

...at which point apt-get will stop complaining about unsigned
packages/releases for them.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);