Re: proper way to package mozilla extensions

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> writes:

> xpi and jar is the source -- it is just packaged with the other
> than tar/gzip archiver and nested in each other to make our life fun ;-)
> That is why there is no alternative tarball with the "true source" is
> often provided (even if the license is GPL) -- at least I didn't mention any on
> https://addons.mozilla.org. I will check with the upstream if they will
> not mind provide .tar.gz as well...

Sometimes Mozilla extensions contain other binaries.  One example that
I know is the Html Validator extension.  And I know that because my
AMD64 Firefox loads the i386 version of this extension.  And when I
try to use it Firefox says it is not compatible.

Matthias