Re: building rpms on debian system?

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Ek Zindagoi wrote:
I would like to build rpms on a debian system for use on a redhat
system. Can I do that on a debian system ?

As a short-term solution, you can cheat by making a Debian package and using alien --to-rpm. However, if anyone tries to put your RPMs into one of their repositories, they can run into problems:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1313775&forum_id=209131

Oooh... and, seizing an opportunity to push that particular package...
An old ITP, fresh release. mentors.debian.net, "kbtin", clean packaging, no dependencies other than libc. I guess that the lack of source RPMs is not a problem here, too :p

Happy hacking,
Adam

--
/-----------------------\ Shh, be vewy, vewy quiet,