Re: Q on fixed-in-experimental

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:14:58AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> When a bug is tagged "fixed-in-experimental", does that bug number still
> have to appear in debian/changelog for the next upload to unstable or
> will the BTS be updated when the package in experimental is replaced?
>
> I know how to filter the BTS to show bugs with these tags, just
> wondering if it's automated.
fixed-in-experimental is just an informative tag, and doesn't have any
functional consecquence; it is really obsoleted by versioning, which
does.  If you mail n-done@BDO with a Version: $v pseudoheader, where v
is the version in experimental, and later upload to unstable a version
"derived from" the version in experimental, the BTS will consider that
bug fixed in sid, too.

Justin