Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:07:37 -0500, Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net> said:

> Debian has an advantage because we don't pay people, but we do have
> other costs associated with membership: Account management, bandwidth
> and CPU resources, time for socialization and education. If 50% of the
> people applying for NM are getting through, and that's the only
> information we have, that's a really good ratio IMO. Do you really
> expect 100% of the people applying for NM to be prepared to be DDs?

Well, if everyone follows the NM process correctly, then everyone who
applies for NM should have already made a contribution to Debian --
significant enough that someone is willing to be their advocate.  So I
would not be surprised if a larger-than-average number of applicants are
prepared to be DDs.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)