Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

Benjamin Seidenberg wrote:
> The problems is that we're not rejecting 50% of our applicants, but
> they're still in the queue. We have more and more applicants joining the
> queue, but few becoming developers, and *the rest creating a backlog*.
> They're still in the application process, not being rejected.
>
> Cheers!
> Benjamin (Who needs to finish his T&S)

There is another side of the story. I was in the NM process
for several months, doing many contributions (esp. for initrd-
tools), while my AM was unresponsive and preferred to work on
Ubuntu instead.

Now I've got a new job and not so much time to work on Debian
anymore, even though I am still very interested. I've got a new
AM, I completed the questions part, I did some more contributions,
and yet the whole procedure got stuck somehow.

How comes?

Since the old Pet I am in computing. The first Linux kernel I
had booted was 0.95c (on a lightning-fast 33 MHz PC, AFAIR).
I've got a master in CS, so I would say I am qualified. I am
just trying to contribute to Debian, I am not looking for a
second job. But currently I feel kept out by a bureaucratic
and slow procedure.

Regards

Harri