Python dependencies

Hi,

I am preparing to package Serpentine (ITP #286806).

I am quite lost regarding python modules dependencies: Serpentine
depends on python dbus bindings, which exist as python2.4-dbus in
Debian. However, the newer version also depends on Gstreamer 0.10 python
bindings, which are only available for python 2.3 (python-gst0.10).

According to #346491, python2.3-dbus will never be available. Thus, the
only thing I see is filling a bug against python-gst0.10 so that it also
provides python 2.4 bindings.

Are there other possibilities I would have missed?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Cheers,
Julien