Re: RFS: xshisen_1.51-2 --- Shisen-sho game for X11

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 11:42:00PM +0800, Zak B. Elep wrote:
> Hi again! :d
>
> On 2/21/06, Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Really?  Your response here:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/02/msg00275.html
> > seems to indicate that you fixed the package not to crash by
> > distributing the file.  Of course the file should be distributed.  But
> > even if it isn't, the program should be written to not crash,
> > hopefully in a graceful way (eg using errorx() rather than assert()).
>
> Heh, I didn't get my point clearly across.  Sorry for the malaprop. ;)
>
> What I meant was that, during the building of the updated xshisen, I
> found that xshisen won't start because it can't find its pixmaps,
> since it looks for these in /usr/share/xshisen , when in fact I
> installed those in /usr/share/games/xshisen .  Naturally I had to fix
> the debian/rules to correct this.  No files were removed or not
> distributed in the resulting deb.
A program has to be internally consistent, and it isn't allowed to
make assumptions like "if I fopen this pathname, it is guaranteed to
exist and be readable".

You should {,re}move that file, for a test, and, if the program
crashes, you should fix it to do something more useful.

Justin