Re: RFS: python-harvestman

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 12:34:40PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Well, I'm looking at it.  I see that you decided to stay with the 2.3
> version, but the description is not updated.  I mean, in your
> debian/control file, you should remove the "dummy" part.
>
> And something weird is happening... Look at all the lintian errors:
>
> E: harvestman source: package-lacks-versioned-build-depends-on-debhelper 5
> E: harvestman: dir-in-usr-local usr/local/lib/
> E: harvestman: dir-in-usr-local usr/local/lib/python2.4/
> E: harvestman: dir-in-usr-local usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
> E: harvestman: dir-in-usr-local
> usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/HarvestMan /
> E: harvestman: dir-in-usr-local
> usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/HarvestMan /doc/
> (...)
>
> I don't know what went wrong.  Maybe you wanted to go with the 2.4
> version but then used the 2.3 or something.  Please have a look at it
> again.

Well, here it goes again! I guess learning is a step-by-step
procedure, but it is painful!

Actually, the seup script provided with the package installs the
changelog and other files by itself ONLY if it is run as root. So, as
I was using pbuilder, I found the mistake. I have commented out the
offensive line in setup.py, and have produced clean debs using
pdebuild. Again, please find them at

http://www.ee.iitm.ac.in/~ee03b091/debpkgs

As they are built using pdebuild, I guess this would be really all
right.

And, there was a source indentation error in feedparser.py, which I
noticed while byte compiling. I have corrected that as well.

And, thanks for the patient hearing; sorry for the poor packaging;
excuse a beginner! However, what beats me is that dpkg-buildpackage
did not give these errors... but it's pbuilder to the rescue, I guess.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
462, Jamuna Hostel,