Re: RFS: python-harvestman

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 03:42:41PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Public domain and the GPL are mutually exclusive. Please don't write
> > this in the debian package description. Also, no need to put the
> > licence in the description. Also, the fact that it is written in
> > python is obvious from the package name, no need to stress that.
>
> And even if the package name didn't specify the programming language,
> it's still unimportant for the package description. You can use a tag,
> if you feel some users might want to know.

Thanks for the comments. I shall repackage it, and name it harvestman,
and incorporate the necessary changes.

Also, since the code is written in DOS mode, can I run dos2unix on the
code? Otherwise, python2.4 seems to give some warnings:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/HarvestMan/connector.py:72:
DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xe5' in file
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/HarvestMan/strptime.py on line 81,
but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html
for details

Thanks.

Kumar