create docs in binary indep

I am new to packaging and just received this feedback
on a package I helped to create:

"I just noticed that gdal packaging needs one more
revision because it
create a -doc package in the binary-arch section.
That's a policy
violation, I'm pointing here because it could be of
interest
for a few maintainers. In case of 'all' packages,
please use the
required
'binary-indep' target in rules and call debhelper
methods with '-a' for
'binary-arch' and '-i' for 'binary-indep'. You can
find many examples
out there, see any of my -doc creating source packages
(e.g. aolserver4
or proftpd)
for an example of use."

Because I am new to packaging, I am not sure what this
means.  My package contains dh_installdocs in the
binary-arch section of the rules file.

Should I simply move dh_installdocs to a new
binary-indep section in order to solve the policy
violation?

Thanks
Jon