Re: license question

Am Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:17:55 +0100 schrieb Daniel Knabl
<daniel@knabl.com>:

> Hi,
>
> please have a look at the following license. In my eyes it is not a
> true BSD license, but also no Artistic license. But, I may be wrong.
> This would not be the first time :-/
> Would it be OK to just include this license into the debian/copyright
> file? Or is it a common-license that I just don't understand?

As recommended, I had a discussion about it with the author. Now the
license has been changed. I think it can be included into
debian/copyright as follows:

                 Virtual Exim Copyright Notice

   Copyright 2003 Avleen Vig and Virtual Exim Development Team.

   modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
   are met:

   1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
      notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
   2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
      notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
      the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
      distribution.

   THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE VEXIM PROJECT ``AS IS'' AND ANY
   EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
   IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
   PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FREEBSD PROJECT OR
   CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
   EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
   PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
   PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY
   OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
   (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
   OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Is there anything that speaks against including it that way? Thanks for
any hints

  Daniel

--
mfg