Re: license question

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:17:55 +0100, Daniel Knabl <daniel@knabl.com> said:

> Hi, please have a look at the following license. In my eyes it is not
> a true BSD license, but also no Artistic license.

It is, verbatim, the 3-clause BSD license without the 3rd clause.
(Didn't check the disclaimer part, though.)

> But, I may be wrong.  This would not be the first time :-/ Would it be
> OK to just include this license into the debian/copyright file? Or is
> it a common-license that I just don't understand?

It is probably best to include it in the debian/copyright file, since
it's not exactly the BSD license.  Alternatively, you could say that
it's the BSD license without the 3rd clause, but IMHO, that's awkward.

> license:

[...]

>    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE FREEBSD PROJECT ``AS IS'' AND ANY
Is this correct?  Is the Virtual Exim team part of the FreeBSD project?

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA