Re: RFS: GOPchop

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 16:24 -0800, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

> At present the packaging stuff is merged with the upstream source. Use
> the usual cvs commands to download the current code (I merged in the
> changes you contributed). Sample commands to download the code are at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=40120

Ok, two problems.

Firstly, the changelog in indicates that the package is for the
development version of gopchop, however, you should only upload stable
releases to debian unstable (development/cvs/svn/etc releases generally
go to experimental), so do one of these:

     1. In debian/changelog change the distribution from 'unstable' to
        experimental.
     2. Release a new stable release and package that for unstable.
     3. Package the stable version (1.0.0 iirc) and get that uploaded.

Second, for the purposes of potential sponsors, you will need
a .orig.tar.gz and a diff.gz. This just makes it easier for them to
review. Please do the following:

     1. Download the release tarball
     2. Rename it to gopchop_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz
     3. Unpack it
     4. Copy the debian/ dir from CVS into the unpacked directory
        (removing CVS dirs)
     5. Build a source package - debuild -S
     6. Upload to mentors.debian.net
     7. Mail debian-mentors about it.
     8. Read the debian-mentors FAQ about how to find sponsors if no-one
        steps up.

--
bye,
pabs