Re: RFS: elvis - powerful clone of the vi/ex text editor

Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> writes:

> I've prepared a new maintainer upload of elvis and it is available
> at
> 	http://www.imsc.res.in/~kapil/debian/elvis/elvis*4adopt3*

> (If someone agrees to sponsor this I will of course up the version to
> 2.2.0-5.)

This looks good to me.  I'll sponsor it.  Please go ahead and build a new
package with the 2.2.0-5 version number.

When you do that, you may want to move the configure patch introduced in
the last QA upload to a patch in debian/patches rather than having it be
just in the Debian .diff.gz.  That way it would match all the other
modifications to the upstream code.

I recommend switching from the current manually-implemented patch system
to using dpatch, although you're certainly not required to do this and
I'll sponsor the package anyway.  The advantage to using dpatch, even
though it may not gain you any additional functionality over what you have
now, is that more other people use it and it's one less thing about the
package for someone else who wants to work on it to figure out.

Let me know when the 2.2.0-5 package is available, and please feel free to
mail me in the future any time a new package is available for upload.