Re: Re: Questions about gnu.org versus debian bugs.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.  I've made sure to check whether this
bug has already been filed against Debian.

I'm sure that this is a bug in the gdb source code because I've compiled
the latest gdb source code from gnu.org and found the place in the
source where the fix is likely needed. The bug is that when gdb is used
in attach mode, symbols for dynamically loaded libraries are not loaded
even though the auto-solib-add option is on.

When I say it reproduces with both, I mean that it reproduces with a gdb
freshly built from gnu.org sources and also with gdb installed from a
debian package.

So I've filed the bug against gdb.org.  I suppose my real question is
whether the debian gdb package uses the same GNU sources or whether they
relase patched sources.   If the sources are patched, then perhaps I
have a better chance of getting a patch quickly if I file against
Debian?

Thank You,
Ewa.