Re: Re: Questions about gnu.org versus debian bugs.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 01:21:27PM -0800, Ewa Matejska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your quick response.  I've made sure to check whether
> this bug has already been filed against Debian.

> I'm sure that this is a bug in the gdb source code because I've compiled
> the latest gdb source code from gnu.org and found the place in the
> source where the fix is likely needed.
Okay, *then* it can make sense to open a new bug against Debian.  Tag
it "patch", and include the (tested!) patch.  Hopefully Daniel will
include it in the next upload, even if its not a full "new upstream
release".

> So I've filed the bug against gdb.org.  I suppose my real question is
> whether the debian gdb package uses the same GNU sources or whether they
> relase patched sources.
It uses the same sources, but patched :)

> If the sources are patched, then perhaps I have a better chance of
> getting a patch quickly if I file against Debian?
Indeed, it wouldn't hurt.  You can get the .orig.tar.gz (which may or
may not be identical to the corresponding upstream GDB tarball), and
the .diff.gz which is the patchfile from any of:

  http://ftp.debian.org/pool/main/g/gdb/
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/gdb
  http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/gdb

You can also get it with `apt-get source gdb`.

--
Clear skies,
Justin