Re: Questions about gnu.org versus debian bugs.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 11:49:38AM -0800, Ewa Matejska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to filing bugs with Debian and I want to make sure to do this
> right.  If I file a bug against gnu.org (gdb), is it OK for me to file
> the same bug against the relevant Debian package as well?   It
> reproduces with both.
This is the wrong mailing list for that question, but yes, its okay to
do so.  I don't know why you would, though.  Debian maintainers who
are involved with upstream development surely know about the relevant
BTS.

OTOH if you're willing to get your hands wet with multiple BTS, then
your time is probably better spent filing exising Debian bugs with
upstream BTS.

Also, please mark any such bugs as "forwarded to" the appropriate
address, as described at http://bugs.debian.org/

--
Clear skies,
Justin