Re: Menu problems

> OK - could someone advise me on when is best to use a desktop file
> directly, and when it is best to use the menu-system? Or alternatively,
> why avoid the menu system at all? Should you ever use both?

The menu system will only install entries in a Debian/ directory in xdg-aware
desktop environments, where users are not likely to look, and only if the
menu-xdg package is installed. You could have your package depend on the
menu-xdg package, but I would recommend using desktop files in addition to
menu files.

-Daniel Milstein