Re: Menu problems

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:02:39AM -0500, Daniel Milstein wrote:
> The menu system will only install entries in a Debian/ directory in
> xdg-aware  desktop environments, where users are not likely to look,

This is a concious decision on the part of the respective upstream
authors and/or maintainers of the xdg-aware desktop environments, and
IMHO a bug. I'm planning to see if this can be fixed for etch when I
have finished a few other things first.

> and only if the menu-xdg package is installed.

Personally, I think this should be Depends:-ed in for menu-carrying apps
which don't supply a menu-method.

> You could have your package depend on the menu-xdg package, but I
> would recommend using desktop files in addition to menu files.

But only for those reasons stated above?

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/