ttf's in a game package

Hi!

Is that a new linda test?  IIRC I didn't got that warning before...

=====
$ linda -i ppracer_0.3.1-4_i386.changes
W: ppracer; The font ppracer-0.3.1/data/fonts/FreeSansBoldOblique.ttf in package ttf-freefont is considered to be a duplicate.
 The font shown above is considered to be a duplicate of a commonly
 available font.
W: planetpenguin-racer-data; The font /usr/share/games/ppracer/fonts/FreeSansBoldOblique.ttf in package ttf-freefont is considered to be a duplicate.
=====

Interesting I considered to split of this font when I made
ppracer_0.3.1-3, but decided against it.  Allthough the font's look the
same (but the files are a bit different, and I don't know enough about
ttf's to find out why), and ppracer worked very well with the font of in
the ttf-freefont package I decided finally against a splitting it of:

$ ls -sh /usr/share/games/ppracer/fonts/FreeSansBoldOblique.ttf
88K /usr/share/games/ppracer/fonts/FreeSansBoldOblique.ttf

$ apt-cache show ttf-freefont|grep Installed-Size
Installed-Size: 2424

Split of 88KB (ppracer contains only that single font file, no more), to depend
on a 2.4MB package diesn't sound usefull to me.  Any other opinion?

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--
http://learn.to/quote/