Re: repack upstream sources or overrides ?

Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:

> It is easy to remove it, yes.
> The package is just not linda/lintian clean.
>
> Making lintian overrides is quite easy, but I can't make linda override
> work. Any advice ?

Its an upstream bug, and it should be fixed upstream.  Since they
already promised to fix it at the next release, I would only ensure that
the files are really deleted before dpkg-buildpackage does anything;
maybe even in the configure target, so that also people running
"fakeroot debian/rules binary" directly won't get bitten.  Other than
that, I would do nothing - it is a bug, therefore a lintian override is
inappropriate, but it is not serious enough to justify messing with the
tarball.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster