Re: repack upstream sources or overrides ?

On 2005-11-15, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
> Obviously you didn't read
>
> file:///usr/share/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-origtargz

I have read that - and yes - I think repacking is not in normal best
practice.
But I sure don't override linda _errors_ either

>> What errors?

Linda:
E: packagename; Package contains autoconf-generated files

Lintian:
W: packagename source: configure-generated-file-in-source
config.status
W: packagename source: configure-generated-file-in-source
config.lo

>>   - source tarball includes generated binaries
>>     (is this your situation?)

Not binaries, but autoconf generated files that are cleaned by make
distclean when run first in my clean target

> I don't think that generated binaries in the tarball justify repackaging
> - I think it is always possible to remove them in the clean target,
> which will always be called when dpkg-buildpackage is used.

It is easy to remove it, yes.
The package is just not linda/lintian clean.

Making lintian overrides is quite easy, but I can't make linda override
work. Any advice ?

/Sune