Re: RFS: rkward - rpath-problem

Hi again,

on more thing:

> > 8. There is a rpath (as lintian told me). See the lintian warning:
> > W: rkward:
> > binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/bin/rkward
> > /usr/lib:/usr/share/qt3/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib/R/lib/
> >
> > I think you can directly fix it (upstream) ;)
>
> Yeah, but I'll have to figure out how to do this, first. I hate those
> bloody makefiles...

Doing this was easier than expected. I just added --disable-rpath
to ./configure and that did that. However then, it's not quite as easy after
all: Now when trying to run I get:

rkward: error while loading shared libraries: libR.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

The problem is, I have to link against R, and libR.so is in a non-default
location (/usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so), which obviously isn't in the library path.
I don't think I can fix this inside the rkward-package, but rather the
R-package would need adjusting (maybe a link in /usr/lib). What should I do,
submit a bug-report for the R-package?

Thanks!
Thomas