Re: RFS - kommando - ITP #336607

On 2005-11-06, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
> the package looks a lot better now. Thanks for your work. I have just
> uploaded the package.

Thank you.
Unfortunatly, it got rejected due to no orig.tar.gz-file.

> Some minor things you may want to look at for your next revision:
>
> You change the kommando-0.2/src/kommando.desktop file. You should either
> have the upstream include this change in the next release or use "dpatch".
> If the upstream comes up with a new release you will have to remember
> changing that file again.

I think I will mail it to upstream to have him include it. and also with
the makefile.

> Spend some time looking at the debhelper scripts (dh_*). Each of them has a
> man page. And many tasks you do manually in your debian/rules file are
> easier done through debhelper. Example:
> "cp debian/kommando.xpm debian/kommando/usr/share/pixmaps/" would look
> nicer if you used "dh_install" for it.

Yes ofcourse ;)

> I personally don't like to "make install" into debian/$PACKAGE. I rather
> pick the files I need and use dh_install to copy them into place. At least
> in simpler packages like these which don't contain hundreds of files it's
> easy. But that's a matter of taste.

I might look into it, but I don't know yet.

> Thanks for your contribution so far.

Thank you for your time and for sponsoring me - hope that you will
reupload with orig.tar.gz

>  Christoph
Sune