Re: RFS - kommando - ITP #336607

On 2005-11-02, Ana Guerrero <anja_isbilia@yahoo.es> wrote:
> it fails.  You must change it to:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 3.0.0), kdelibs4-dev

fixed that.

> -The program is a systray app, so it would be good to Recommend: kicker

Quite reasonable; will add that.

> -Some files are placed in incorrect directories:
> /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kommando/*
> should be at:
> /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kommando/*

I think I have found where this is installed and have fixed that.

But the help functionality still seems to do nothing ..

I had to do a little edit in the Makefile.in to make the common-symlink
point to ../common and not full path ...

> And:
> /usr/share/applnk/Utilities/kommando.desktop
> should be at:
> /usr/share/applications/kde/

hmm.. this one is quite harder ... what is the appropriate way?

from src/Makefile.am
shelldesktopdir   = $(kde_appsdir)/Utilities

(and this one is of course in src/Makefile.in and src/Makefile)

Should I manually correct it in src/Makefile.in before building?

Should I add a line in my debian/rules that changes the Makefile after
configure and before building

Should I change the Makefile.am and try to re-automake the Makefile.in

For now, I have manually edited Makefile.in

> and then add to the kommando.desktop file the line:
> Categories=Qt;KDE;Utility;

okay.

> -Add a Debian menu file (and don't forget convert the png icons to xpm).

menufile, fine... but I isn't the only way to get a xpm icon to get
upstream to include one ?

Otherwise I need to build-depend on some tool to convert png to xpm,
which is otherwise not needed. A tool like imagemagick could do it.

Imagemagick added to build-dep.

Is it true that update-menus when run in postinst/postrm does not affect
my menu as a user in kde ?

> *Important:
> -debian/changelog: is it necesary the "Passes lintian" line?
> I'm not sure if it is ok, keep the changelog of the package before
> this was out from the official archive.

Any one else have an opinion on this?
Package changelogs from unofficial archives, should they be removed or is it
okay to keep them ?

> -debian/copyright: Add the copyright years.
Fixed

> *Not so important, but better change:
> -debian/control: I don't think you need mention "Neverwinter Nights" in
> the short description, most of people has never player this game and

Changed.

> -The man page doesn't have an author section or see also section
> where puts the program webpage. And the program description is too short.
> Also, You should add yourself like the manpage author.

Have done a little more work in the manpage

And updates are now uploaded

same place.
http://mirror.pusling.com/kommando-rfs/

/Sune