Re: RFS: stopwatch

Hi, Daniel...

On Monday 31 October 2005 03:07, Daniel Milstein wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone would be interesting in sponsoring the
> stopwatch, a virtual stopwatch and timer program, package, which is in
> the public domain. I could not find any programs like it in APT,
> although there may be some that I overlooked.

I had also looked for a simple stopwatch program but couldn't find one.
So perhaps there is none in Debian yet. :)

> Its ITP bug number is 336534 and the package
> can be found at http://geocities.com/vze49jxa. It
> is lintian and linda clean and has been thoroughly tested. Its upstream
> source is http://expect.nist.gov/stopwatch.

Hints/Suggestions:

- you altered the Makefile but I don't see why
- If you need to change the base path of "wish" I suggest you do that
  through the powers of "dpatch" instead of changing the script
  directly. Otherwise you will have to do that with every new
  upstream release.
- instead of copying (cp) files around you may also use dh_install
  and dh_installman for consistency.
- the debian/rules file contains dh_ lines that can be removed.
  dh_link for example. And all the lines that are commented out.
- have you offered the man page to the upstream for inclusion in
  the next upstream version?
- you use docbook-to-man but at the same time your diff.gz contains
  a stopwatch.1x file. Shouldn't that be created during building?
- the debian/copyright is too minimal. Include the proper years of
  copyright. And clarify the license. "public domain" doesn't mean much.
  Check the DFSG.

I would generally help and sponsor your package. But since verizon.net is
rejecting mail from my mail server (mx.workaround.org) for a year and does
not intend to talk to me why they do that it may be hard to communicate
with you. (Someone should kick them hard.)

 Christoph
--
    |\      _,,,---,,_        Famous last words of a sysadmin:
    /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_    "We'll do the backup tomorrow."