Re: RFS: auctiongallery -- Generates picture galleries and HTML templates for auction descriptions

I searched lots of scripting FAQs but didn't find a way to find the
location of home dir. The problem is that when the postinst script runs,
it runs as root and $HOME variable contains /root not /home. Should I
just abandon that idea and post in documentation that my software needs
manual configuration after install? Is it against Debian rules to ask
the user to enter a directory path in the postinst script?