Re: RFS: polymer -- KDE style Plastik for QT

Hi.

@Mathias: Sorry for sending this twice, but the initial reply went
directly to you while I feel the mailinglist should really get a copy.
So I resent this to the list.

Mathias Krause wrote on 12/08/2005 22:09:

>> I'm searching for a sponsor for polymer. It's a port of the KDE style
>> Plastik to QT3. So if you are a user which want's nice looking QT-apps
>> and don't want to install the full (bloated) kde-libs to get nice themes
>> this package is right for you.

You should check your package with lintian and linda to make sure you
don't miss anything  ;-)

W: polymer: description-starts-with-leading-spaces
N:
N:   The package "Description:" starts with leading spaces. Usually,
N:   leading spaces are used to switch `verbatim display' on (i.e.,
N:   lines are not wrapped) so this might be a bug in the package.

That's talking about the _two_ spaces in the continued (long)
description. You should use only one.

W: polymer: package-has-a-duplicate-relation depends: libqt3c102-mt (>=
3:3.3.4), libqt3c102-mt (>= 3)
N:
N:   The package seems to declare a relation on another package which is
N:   already implied by other relations it declares, and is therefore
N:   redundant.
N:
N:   Note that when using ${shlibs:Depends}, this is sometimes
N:   unavoidable (unless you're in a mood for ugly kludges), feel free
N:   to ignore/override this warning in that case, as it can only be
N:   fixed at the package-tools level (e.g., in dpkg)

Well, this probably means that you should either drop the
${shlibs:Depends} from the Depends line or the libqt3c102-mt clause. In
this case, I would go for the libqt3c102-mt one.

Furthermore, there is currently an ABI transition regarding C++ code in
progress, which means that you should _really_ build in a SID build
environment (chroot is quite OK, perhaps use pbuilder) with the most
recent libraries. As far as I understand the transistion, the libqt
libraries will now be called libqt3-mt again (or maybe libqt3c2-mt).

cu,
sven