Re: Adding a package to the repository

On Saturday 23 April 2005 2:09 pm, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
> Sure! But the "performance is required at any cost" thing is only for
> AI. Which is not my case. I've chosen Haskell because I think it's very
> faster to make it in this language than it's in C.

OK. This should be documented on your home page for the project so that others
don't have to ask again. In fact, your project home page could do with a LOT
of content before your prospective sponsor will be able to decide on whether
to support you.

> Thanks for your tips, they were nice. I'm trying to make the debian
> package better, while that, I would like to have some information about
> adding it to the repository.

That needs a sponsor. You need to read the reference where it talks about
getting a sponsor and the FAQ for this list.

1. Add lots of content to the project home page.
2. Send in an email here with the RFS tag line and a full description of the
project, not just the brief tagline you included in your first post.

> I'm reading the Developers Reference, but
> all that information is still a little vague for me.

?? "Once you become an official developer" - that's not vague. There's a link
there to where you need to move next:
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint

"If you want to maintain one or more packages for Debian, you should try to
find a sponsor for them."

http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html#sponsored_packages

--