Re: Shared library concern

On April 17, 2005 08:29 am, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> Here the problem is probably that it doesn't have an soname.  The
> libcodeblocks.so should be a symlink to the real library.  And
> the library itself should get version number added to it.
>
> I suggest you read section 8 of the policy about shared
> libraries.

The soname doesn't seem to be the problem in that case:

E: codeblocks: sharedobject-in-library-directory-not-actually-a-shlib
usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.1.0-beta6

The lib is built this...

@$(LD) -shared   $(sdk_LIBDIRS) $(sdk_LINKOBJS) $(sdk_RESOURCE) -o $(sdk_BIN)
$(sdk_LDFLAGS) $(sdk_LIBS)

... way, where:

sdk_LDFLAGS=`wx-config --libs`
sdk_BIN=libcodeblocks.so (I rename it later)

The other variable don't seem relevant as they include paths and object files.

I'll keep looking for the potential problem in the docs you gave me.
Meanwhile, since I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject of shared
libraries, I'll take any inputs this list can give me.