Re: RFS: NMU for chkrootkit

* Romain Beauxis [Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:40:44 +0200]:
> Hi at last!

  Hi Romain,

> I found out that there had been an new upstream release for chkrootkit, and I
> intented to package it.

  New upstream releases are not material for a NMU, have a look at the
  Developers Reference (this is true except under very rare circumstances,
  or if the maintainer allowed such NMU).

  If you think that chkrootkit could use a bit of help, perhaps you
  should contact the maintainer and offer your help as a co-maintainer?
  Or if you already did and received no response after a reasonable
  period of time, you should contact mia@qa.debian.org if you believe
  the maintainer _may_ be not active any more.

> Also, I closed many many false positives that are related in README.debian
> file, specificaly or generaly - like for false positives due to tcp port
> tests...

  Uhm, you shouldn't close those for which you introduced no changes in
  the README.Debian file from the changelog. Instead, you sould use
  nnn-done@bugs.debian.org, etc. Again, check the Developers Reference.

  HTH,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Q: How do Debian developers play Russian rulette?
A: Everone contributes a key revocation certificate and chooses a number
from one to ten. Then everybody executes a random generator - if it's a
match, then his revocation certificate is submitted to the keyservers.
                -- seen on debian-curiosa@l.d.o