Re: dealing with non-standard upstream packaging?

pabs wrote:

> I was wondering if there is any info about best practice in the
> situation where upstream source packaging doesn't use the standard
> foo-0.1.2/ inside of foo-0.1.2.tar.gz scheme?

I thought that dpkg-source took care of renaming the directory that
the upstream tarball produced?  Certainly it's always done that for
me.  Just make sure that you rename the directory and the tarball
before you run debuild (or similar) to generate the source package,
and it should Just Work.

Cameron.