Policy documentation on debconf (was: Re: Package's configure script)

Hi, Lionel.

On Dec 25 2005, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 05:37:11PM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > But you question below left me with an impression that it could be
> > related to the config script of the package that is made to use
> > debconf stuff in a package. Is this right?
>
> Yes, precisely.

Nice.

> > * http://www.kitenet.net/~joey/debconf-debconf/tutorial-doc.html
>
> Ah yeah, this seems to contain the information. Thanks a lot. Is there
> a good reason it is not in the policy?

I was under the same dilemma that you are facing now. That tutorial
makes references to the policy and I went there to see if I could find
anything, but I didn't find.

To integrate debconf on vrms, I used the tutorial, lintian, a bit of
guess-work (e.g., things about the debconf-2.0) and a bit of common
sense (taking into consideration the fact that the document is not
exactly that new).

It would be nicer to have it completely described (and in an updated
manner) in a definitive reference, of course.

> If not, I'll file a bug to get it there.

I guess that that's the proper thing to do here.

Regards, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/