Re: Package's configure script

Hi, Lionel and others.

On Dec 25 2005, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> I can't find any mention of the configure script of packages in
> section 6 of the policy.

I see that many others have replied regarding the auto* configure

But you question below left me with an impression that it could be
related to the config script of the package that is made to use debconf
stuff in a package. Is this right?

> Can somebody please point me to a reference of how and when it is run
> (what arguments, etc)?

Well, if you indeed wanted to ask about the config script that is run
before the package in unpacked upon installation, then some references
that I used are the following:

* http://www.kitenet.net/~joey/debconf-debconf/tutorial-doc.html
* http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/10/msg02204.html

Hope this helps, Rogério.