Re: RFS: fhist -- File history, comparison and merge utilities

On Nov 29 2005, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 07:47:40PM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > And, if the Postscript is properly made, it would be nice to
> > substitute both the DVI file and the Postscript file with just a
> > single PDF file.
>
> Since when?

Since the PDF files are self contained in the sense that DVI files that
happen to have figures have to have such figures transferred with them.

Also, PDF is a format that users are far more likely to have a viewer
than for DVI (well, using evince---when it matures---would make this a
neutral point).

> > You can go from .dvi directly to .pdf via dvipdfm.
> > You can go from .ps directly to .pdf via ps2pdf.
> > You can go from .tex directly to .pdf via pdf(la)tex.
> >
> > And even troff files can be used to generate PDF files...
>
> Isn't this user choice?

I forgot what the original question was, but yes, it is all users'
choices, but if you were providing the documentation in you
package---which I don't remember---then I would recommend you to
generate PDF files.

But feel free to package whatever you want whatever way you want. As
long as you follow the policy, that's all that matters.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/