No official upstream sources archive, only tagged SVN directory

Hello,

I intend to package the Subclipse (http://subclipse.tigris.org), but
it seems like there is no official source release archive. However,
there is tagged directory in the Subversion repository. The problem is
that this tagged directory contains some binary files (e.g, here
http://subclipse.tigris.org/source/browse/subclipse/tags/subclipse/0.9.37/subclipse/core/lib/
and here http://subclipse.tigris.org/source/browse/subclipse/tags/subclipse/0.9.37/svnClientAdapter/).

So, I think, I should create .orig.tar.gz myself. The question is that
to include into the file.

First solution is to simply export the tagged directory and archive it
and remove binary artifacts during the build process. However,
disadvantages are obvious - larger size and odd binaries (these funny
dll's are definetly not needed). On the other hand, packaging the
exported directory is rather natural way to create upstream source
package, I think.

Other solution is to remove unnecessary files from directory before
packaging it as "upstream source package". The disadvantage is that
upstream source generated this way is not very "natural", such
archives do not correspond one-to-one to the Subversion repository
content.

WBR,
Ivan Dubrov