Re: RFS: ksudoku -- sudoku puzzle generator/solver

On Friday 11 November 2005 02:30 pm, Christoph Haas wrote:
> My bad. Indeed there is a ksudoku.desktop file which is installed. IMHO in
> the wrong place though. It should be located in /usr/share/applications
> instead. (Although I admit I don't know where that's properly documented
> in the policy. Perhaps someone else has a pointer.)

I found a message[1] on debian-kde mentioning this; seems to be an XDG file
location thing. I've moved it; however, it seems like kdevelop, KDE's IDE,
defaults to installing there, so who knows?

> dh_desktop calls the update-desktop-database command from the
> desktop-file-utils package (if installed) through the maintainer scripts
> of your package. It's use is to tell e.g. KDE that the menu structure has
> changed and the *.desktop files have to be reloaded. Otherwise KDE
> wouldn't show a menu item of your newly installed package unless you
> relogin.

I've found that KDE actually seems to have some magic to do this without being
told (like with 'make install'), but I don't think GNOME will. Thanks for
explaining.

New version uploaded. Thanks again!

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/02/msg00132.html

--
Ryan Schultz
"vi users are mammals, and they flip out and kill people *all the time.*"