Re: RFS: statist - Small and fast terminal-based statistics program

Hi!

* Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> [051108 00:11]:

> > http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/35/statist_1.3.1-1.diff.gz
> > http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/36/statist_1.3.1-1.dsc
> Same problem here:

Works fine for me with the two URLs above, and the one mentioned earlier
in this thread:
http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/34/statist_1.3.1.orig.tar.gz

>  (/tmp/la/) md5sum *
>  d30696674cb0b80ba2e8e3ac84ee8625  statist_1.3.1-1.diff.gz
>  d30696674cb0b80ba2e8e3ac84ee8625  statist_1.3.1-1.dsc
>  d30696674cb0b80ba2e8e3ac84ee8625  statist_1.3.1.orig.tar.gz

You downloaded the diff.gz in tripplet... did you noticed the difference
between those URLs?  I was using wget and bash history, only changing
file not noticing the changing {34,35,36} in the URL, and wondered
myself what's wrong there..

>  How do you create those packages? Can you extract them with
>  dpkg-source -x?

Works, too.

First comments about the package:
- debian/control
  - Current standards version ist not 3.6.1
  - Would be nice to add upstreams homepage to the package description
  - Not a native english speaker myself so better ask someone who knows
    better: I think you don't need the comma at "in scripts, and big" in
    the package desctiption
- debian/copyright
  - The address of the FSF has changed
- debian/README.debian
  - Uhm... I don't see any valuable information in there...
- debian/rules
  - (Just a personal note) I found it quite easier to read, if all those
    commented dh_foos are removed, not just commented

Beside that, I couldn't find any problems with your package (but I did
only a quick view)... Please not howerver, that you really should check
your packages with lintian, that would have found you the outdated
standards and the FSF address problems.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--