RFS: statist - Small and fast terminal-based statistics program

Hello Mentors!

Statist is a simple software, and, because it's very easy to
use, I believe that it's good for introductory classes of
statistics. Portuguese and German translations are complete,
and most strings were also translated into Spanish and
Italian. The license is GNU GPL.

Description in the control file:
 Statist is a statistics program with an interactive
 menu that makes it very easy to use. It can also be run in
 scripts, and big datasets are handled reasonably well on
 small machines. In spite of its low overhead, statist can
 do quite a bunch of regression functions and tests. It uses
 gnuplot to create graphics.

I just released a new version of statist. Among the released
files, I included a Debian binary. Thanks to Justin Pryzby
--who helped me in this list-- the package is lintian and
linda clean. The .deb (356 KB), diff.gz (4 KB), and dsc.asc
files can be downloaded from:

http://wald.intevation.org/projects/statist/

or, directly from:

http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=12&release_id=10

I didn't upload the .orig.tar.gz file because it was the
same statist-1.3.1.tar.gz.

I hope a Debian Developer can check and sponsor the
package...

There was a ITP for statist before (#155073), but it was for
a previous version (1.0.1), and was closed due to more than
365 days of inactivity. I wrote for Carleos Artime, author
of the bug report, and he told me that I could use the new
package to try again to have statist in Debian repository.

Historical information about statist can be found at:

http://www.usf.uos.de/~breiter/tools/statist/index.en.html

Thanks,

Jakson