Re: RFS: linsmith

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 04:47:54PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > > They are lintian clean, and they build fine inside a pbuilder.  I'd
> > > need someone to please sponsor the upload.  Thank you.
> > Your .diff is 844K, for a 1.4MB .orig.  Surely this is a mistake.  I'm
> > retrieving a copy now for further inspection.
>
> No, unfortunately, it's not a mistake.
>
> The package includes a piece of documentation written in lyx.  To be
> able to compile it you need to have lyx installed and _configured_,
> and this last part is not trivial.  Lyx, as installed by the lyx
> package is not good enough. You need to run "lyx -x reconfigure" in a
> console with an Xserver attached to it.
>
> Therefore, I generated the pdf myself, and then included it in the
> package, as an uuencoded file.
>
> This is ugly, I know, but it's the solution that was recommended to
> me.  The other option is to not include the documentation.  But I
> think we are doing users a disbenefit by that.
*sigh*.  Thats a bug in lyx if its true.  But I can't confirm it .. I
accidentally ran: "lyx manual.lyx" first, causing an X11 window to
open over SSH.  So I closed it then rm -fr ~/.lyx/.  Then I reran with
lyx -e pdf manual.lyx, which appears to have worked.  Are you sure it
needs to be "configured"?

--
Clear skies,
Justin