Re: RFS: linsmith

> > They are lintian clean, and they build fine inside a pbuilder.  I'd
> > need someone to please sponsor the upload.  Thank you.
> Your .diff is 844K, for a 1.4MB .orig.  Surely this is a mistake.  I'm
> retrieving a copy now for further inspection.

No, unfortunately, it's not a mistake.

The package includes a piece of documentation written in lyx.  To be
able to compile it you need to have lyx installed and _configured_,
and this last part is not trivial.  Lyx, as installed by the lyx
package is not good enough. You need to run "lyx -x reconfigure" in a
console with an Xserver attached to it.

Therefore, I generated the pdf myself, and then included it in the
package, as an uuencoded file.

This is ugly, I know, but it's the solution that was recommended to
me.  The other option is to not include the documentation.  But I
think we are doing users a disbenefit by that.

--
Besos,
Marga