Re: rename build directory?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 12:31:24AM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
> I use a software named icecast2.
> it is already packaged, but I need special './configure' options to
> enable a special feature.
Did your question get answered?

You can use watchfiles+uscan+uupdate to automate this a bit, but, of
course, if the patches don't apply cleanly, perhaps because they were
integrated upstream, then you have work to do.  If the Debian .diff is
small or nearly restricted to ./debian/, then you can expect it to
work, though.

> Well, it creates an 'icecast2-2.2.0' directory and it unpacks into it.
> Great.
> Now, I know 2.3.0 version is out.
> I would like to use that last version too basing myself to the 2.2.0.
>
> Have I got to rename the 'icecast2-2.2.0' directory?
uupdate will do this for you; or you can unpack 2.3.0 into a new
directory and attempt to apply the debian patch for 2.2.0.

> The new maintainer guide did not really tell how to use an old (and
> stable, i guess) debian package to make a bleeding edge one.
It documents uupdate in chapter 9.
http://www.us.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

--
Clear skies,